Jonathan Street grew up in Bristol, Tennessee- on the far eastern edge of the state. He has lived in Nashville since his graduation from Wake Forest Law School in 2001. Prior to that, Jonathan received his undergraduate degree from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. (Go Vols!) When he first moved to Nashville, Jonathan started his own practice working under the umbrella of the Higgins Firm.
When starting out, Jonathan worked a variety of cases which is often required of new lawyers just so they can pay the bills; he handled criminal cases, injury cases, small business disputes, and even the rare divorce. However eventually Mr. Street found his niche representing employees and consumers. He has been successful in this area and enjoys nothing more than handling cases for the “little guy” who is being taken advantage of.
He has successfully filed and prosecuted lawsuits against insurance companies, restaurants, fortune 500 companies, governmental bodies and many others who were either taking advantage of their employees or consumers. Jonathan handles all forms of employment claims such as minimum wage and overtime violations, workplace discrimination, retaliation, bad faith insurance denials, violations of the Tennessee Consumer Protection Act, and civil rights violations.
In his free time Jonathan enjoys attending University of Tennessee sporting events, Tennessee Titan games, hanging out with his bulldog “Butch”, and traveling.
- All Tennessee State Courts
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Tennessee Employment Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Advocates